I hate reblogging my stuff but I’m really proud of this poem and I’ve been receiving so many incredible responses from people. I’m working on a chapbook to publish sometime next year, and this poem is going to be one of them. It needs some editing, but I’m satisfied with this as a first draft.
This is the performance of my newest poem, “The Unhinging: A Summary in Twelve Parts.” This is easily the greatest piece of writing I have created thus far, as well as being the most emotionally invested work. It took me almost nine months to find my voice and believe in it enough to write this poem. It was incredibly cathartic and the amount of support and positive feedback after the performance made it so much more rewarding.
This is the most beautiful thing I’ve heard in a long time.
The Wine Room w/ @jktaylor2007 wishing you were here @maria_meows and @afree07 🍻
Valentine Weekend Breakfast #crabcake #eggsbenedict
@jktaylor2007 #fiancé #model
This is how you make #breakfast with #love
In the past 6 months or so, I…
- was offered a teaching position at the school I interned at during the Spring
- resigned from my job at the hotel in July after 4.5 years of service
- turned 23 years old
- graduated from the University of Central Florida August with a Bachelor’s degree in English Language Arts Education, a minor in Business Administration, and an endorsement in ESOL
- proposed to Justin at my graduation celebration party…he said yes! We’ve been together for almost 3 years; wedding plans are in the works
- started teaching 9th grade English
- volunteered to give up my planning period to teach an additional period for some extra cash
- volunteered to be the Junior Class Advisor
- was “promoted” to the Reading Department after a colleague resigned 7 weeks into the school year
- now teach 9th grade English, as well as 10th, 11th, and 12th grade Reading
How have you all been?